Saturday, February 18, 2012

Feb. 12 meet up!

So recently there was a Michigan Lolita meet up. We wandered through a natural history museum and went to a small planetarium. This was followed by dinner at Noodles and Company. That is where I took my leave though many girls went on to do other events (a tea shop I believe? Maybe karaoke?) These are some of my favorite pictures from the event. I tried to include one of everybody but if I missed anyone I'm terribly terribly sorry. I will start with my coord for the day so hopefully you all think I did a better job this time.
Some notes on my coord this time: I was supposed to have a cream blouse but it was not sent when it was supposed to be so I had to make due with this black one that didn't match too well. I am not wearing shoes in the pictures because they didn't really match because it had snowed the day before so the open toed shoes that I had planned on wearing that matched were no longer sensible. And the purse totally doesn't match. Basically this outfit is a mess oops. Quick break down of my outfit is as follows:

Skirt, bow, bow ring, and necklace: All hand made by me.
Blouse, cake ring, bracelet: Off brand
Purse and socks: Bodyline























Now here are the pictures from the meet up. ^_^ Sorry they aren't great quality, was using an unfamiliar camera in low lighting.

My friend Amanda. We love owls.

I was so glad to get a chance to talk to her.


I loved Brenda's outfit.



Amanda and I loved this print so much!




An old canoe of Lolitas!

She is seriously the biggest sweetheart. 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I'm so happy someone posted one of the Loli Canoe. :)


As for your outfit, I think you did a decent job. I actually like the black blouse. I don't remember your shoes, but I imagine they were black, too, which would tie it together nicely.
For this outfit, I probably would not have used the Bodyline tote. It is a very sweet print, whereas your outfit was very classical lolita. A nice cream, black or floral handbag would have been better. :)


---Brenda

Kayla said...

Lol thanks. ^_^ The canoe was too cute not to post. My shoes actually were not black, they were like...terrible and didn't match at all. ._. The ones I was SUPPOSED to wear were black and super cute. *sigh* Hopefully next time I get to go there won't be any snow.
As for the bag when I bought it I thought the colors in my skirt were a bit lighter and so they didn't quite match right but I don't want it to go into disuse because of that. Perhaps more for casual things instead of meet ups it would be more appropriate. I shall find some good use for it. :) Thanks for the comment/advice.

Anonymous said...

I think you could "update" your hair somehow...

Kayla said...

Probably. I was thinking maybe pigtails or buns of the next one. I'm terrible at doing hair so I just had my roomie curl it. If you have suggestions though I'd gladly take them.