Sunday, November 30, 2014

Predictions for 2015!

I thought it might be fun to make some predictions about what will be trending in lolita in 2015. Every year we see trends emerging. 2014 was filler with peignoirs, religious imagery and accessories, and the emergence of OTT (over the top) classic.

One item we are already seeing come into the scene is head chains. I've seen these around the internet for a couple years; they're very popular on a shopping site I use. I was wondering if they'd ever make their way into jfashion because I think they'd work really well in lolita and dolly kei so I'm a little shocked it took this long.

























Short hair! I have seen more and more acceptance of cropped hair in lolita over the past year and I predict it will become "trendy" at some point in this coming year. A lot of people are moving away from the hassle of wigs and I believe a death toll for pastel wigs has begun to ring. So, with the more natural hair options coming into the fashion, I think we will see short hair more.

Source





































Indie brands are pretty popular right now but I predict in the next year they'll become even bigger and we'll see more starting up. A lot of people are tired of the main brands in lolita because they have such limited sizes and tend to rehash and reuse the same trends over and over. Indie brands tend to be a little more original and interesting. Some of these brands are making a real splash in the lolita scene and perhaps that splash will become a tidal wave soon. :)

Source





























I'm going to make one last prediction, this one without much basis besides my personal feelings. I think we're going to see an outbreak of the less common substyles. I think Gothic will make a strong comeback. Country lolita is already seeming to come back slightly so I think that will continue. I also think we might see cyberpunk lolita, mori lolita, and punk lolita make small comebacks. I hope we see these being done by people who really know what they're doing since these styles are often associated with newbies and itas. I'd like to see that change and I'm hopeful in 2015 we will!






































Thank you for reading! I'm very much looking forward to what the rest of this year will bring and I eagerly anticipate a new year of lolita fashion.

-Kayla

No comments: