Sunday, February 4, 2018

I'M BACK! -Updates, where have I been, and what have I been doing since August?

Hello readers! Long time, no post. I'm sorry about that! I always try to update once a month but for the past two seasons things have just gotten away from me. I am here to let you guys know what I've been up to and what I'm planning for this year.

I've been super busy! I've been putting lots of time into my Youtube channel for one thing! If you want to follow my vlogs & reviews you can do so here. Last fall I went to Europe and so much of my time was spent getting ready for that from August-October that I really had only moments a day for other things. The exciting part of my Europe trip for you all is probably that I finally got to go to a brand store in person! I stopped by the Angelic Pretty store in Paris. I bought a ring and necklace set but I wanted everything of course.

























They had Halloween releases when I was there and I was basically weeping over them. My friend, who isn't into lolita, was also in love with many of the pieces available! The shop girls were really nice and I saw several other people come in while I was there. Notably a girl came in and bought a full coord! She had been saving for it for almost two years and this was her first outfit. I was really honored to be there to see that.

I've also recently started an Instagram account under the same name as this blog. I have had a personal account for more artsy photos from traveling for a while but this one is just pastel and kawaii photography and fashion. Check it out here. I haven't had it long, but I'm having a lot of fun with it and getting tons of positive interactions!






































I'm hoping to go to New York this coming September for a few days to spend time with a friend. I was going to be stopping by the Baby store there and was really looking forward to it! It recently was announced though that they are closing this Spring and, thus, will not be there anymore. That seems to be how it goes though! I'm sad to see the lolita stores closing. I won't go into the "death of harajuku" here though. I don't fully subscribe to it and tons of people have beat the subject to death.


So what can you expect from this blog this year? Hopefully I will get to have more dress-up days this year. I'm hoping to move soon to the Ann Arbor area, meaning actual meets! I'm also planning to go to Youmacon this year (November) so look forward to that! I also want to get back to the roots of this blog and do more advice and information type posts. The style has changed quite a bit since the blog begun. I would like to do a fashion evolution, a basic outfit and OTT outfit "put-together" post, and an update on where lolita is most prevalent on these days. Alas, livejournal has fallen to the way-side and many of the magazines are gone or heading out. I may also be doing some posts based on discussions in popular lolita groups if something strikes me as notable enough to dedicate an entire month to.

Thank you for reading and for being patient while I was gone!

-Kayla  

No comments: