Saturday, April 27, 2013

Mori Lolita


Mori (which means forest in Japanese) is a Jfashion style of its own. The style focuses on layers, creams, whites, beige, browns, crochet, ect. and basically having an over all feel of being natural, as if you just walked out of the forest. It is associated with natural kei and when searching for it you may want to try mori, mori girl, mori boy, and mori kei. Here is a translation of the "mori girl checklist" which will give you more information and some guidelines. Well some genius people decided that lolita and mori would look together. They were totally right.

So the idea here is that you take the layering, colors, and general aesthetic of mori but add a lolita silhouette and elements. It is a style I'd very much like to try myself someday. I do both lolita and mori, though I post only once in a while about my lolita outfits and never about my mori outfits (because this is a primarily lolita blog). What better way to explain the style than to show you? Here are some of my favorites:
X X X X X X X

















































Personally I'd really love to see more and more of this in the future. I want to see like, 100s of mori lolita outfits. :)

-Kayla

No comments: