Monday, December 12, 2011

Wa Lolita week!

So today was a presentation at my school about Lolita (done by me for a class) so I'm wearing Lolita around. :) Feel cute. Will post outfit pics later hopefully.

So this week is Wa Lolita week. This is a really hard style to find GOOD content for. T__T So if you guys have done Wa Lolita you should contact me via facebook or comment here with your email so I can get them from you (with a link to your blog).

For those who don't know Wa Lolita is Kimono style Lolita dresses. The makeup for this can be a little more fun and dark hair seems to be pretty common. There are a LOT of things that are done wrong in this style. :/ So a brief list of things that IN MY OPINION shouldn't be done. Cheap satin material is a no in any Lolita, this is not an exception. I saw a full Hello Kitty dress. o_o just no. I appreciate Hello Kitty but a full coordinate? No. Just no. I saw many accessories that were a disconnect from the outfit also. Please plan accordingly.

There is a lot of debate on whether this and Qi should be considered lolita. Personally I'm not fond of these styles and they should not be attempted by beginners.

So here are a few good ones I found. (All sources will be posted at the end of the week again for sake of saving time and ease.)









































Just a last minute mention. I think I'm going to, on a weekend some time, make a wish list post and the list of things I plan to buy ASAP and the ones I plan on making ASAP. This will then be an edited universal post that will be updated as things are bought/newly wanted/made. ^_^

No comments: