Tuesday, January 19, 2016

January 18th, 2016 Meet Up

Hello lovelies! Yesterday there was a meet up planned at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn. They had free admission and parking in celebration of Martin Luther King Day. There were about 20 people there I believe? Unfortunately we were late due to bad roads and unforeseen circumstances and never managed to find the large group! Though we did run into two other lolitas, we mostly stayed on our own but still had fun.

My friend Virginia came along with me. She is new to lolita and this was her first time wearing it out. Unfortunately for her we had more people come up to us with questions and wanting photos than I've ever had. We got so many compliments and people who genuinely polite and interested. Luckily, even the people who were not as polite were not out right malicious to us. There is a certain amount of leeway that needs to be provided while wearing alternative fashions because, no matter how silly it seems to us, people are going to want to know why you're dressed that way.

We explored the museum and saw some really great exhibits. I hadn't been to this museum since I was a small child and I didn't remember anything (except the Weiner-Mobile) so it was like going to a brand new place! Here are a few of my favorite pieces:




The Women's Suffrage Display

Antique Lamps & Wood Stoves


This plane made me smile!


JFK's car

Showing the anatomy of the Model T

























When we were finished at the museum we drove to Midland to go to our favorite sushi place. They offer great vegan options and my favorites kind of tempura. Here is what I ate.

Miso Soup  (Fish free!)

Sweet Potato Tempura
















































Lastly, and what you probably wanted to see in the first place, are some pictures of my friend & I. I will include outfit breakdowns at the very end. Thank you for reading and have a beautiful week. <3
Greenfield Village was closed but made for a cute photo!

Virginia



Makeup! My first time wear falsies.





























Virginia's Outfit:
Head bow, skirt (jsk actually), shoes, bag, and keychain: Bodyline
Blouse: Baby The Stars Shine Bright
Rings: Off-brand and Chocomint
Everything else: Off-brand

Kayla's Outfit:
JSK and head bow: Cloudberry Lady (See review here)
Blouse: Glittertale
Shoes and ankle socks: Bodyline
Twin Bows: Innocent World
Moon Clip: Chocomint?
Everything else: Thrifted or off-brand

No comments: